Elpec Brass

Home Up Elkington & Co. Elpec Brass

(C) Vin Callcut 2002-2014.  Small extracts can be used with acknowledgements to 'Oldcopper.org' website. 

Helpful comments are very welcome.

     
    Lloyd Pascal & Co, 303, Bloomsbury Street, Nechells, then from 1933 at 71-74 Ford Street, Hockley, (Jewellery Quarter) Birmingham 18, then Cherry Wood Road after 1943.  The company was registered in 1919 by C E Pascal & P Lloyd.  It was initially a brassfounders and then specialised in reproduction copper and brassware initially based on Belgian designs.  The trade name was formed from the initials of the two founders and was used mainly on items where the design had been protected by registration.  Items made after 1960 were stove lacquered with a durable finish with a high lustre surface.
     
    This mark 'L P & Co' was often moulded into products that were not registered designs.
     
    This mark found under a spun copper coffee jug.
     
   In the 1950s & 60s  all products left the factory with a gold and black printed oval sticker with the company Trade mark and "Brassware of Distinction" written around the edge. 'Brassware of Distinction'
     
   When brass and copperware was sold finished with silver plate it was marked 'Centurion Silverplate'. 'Centurion Silverplate'
     
    The 'Elpec' name  lapsed in 1972 and in 1982 the company was bought by the DMS Group.  It is still operating under the Lloyd Pascal name at Park Lane, Castle Vale, Birmingham B35 6LJ.  They specialise in presswork, sheetmetal work, polishing, ultrasonic degreasing, lacquering and powder coating for a variety of companies.  They also make bathroom accessories, storage and laundry supplies that combine good design & innovation.  (Most information courtesy Michael A Pascal).  
     
     
 

Makers and their Marks

Copper References

Copper Glossary

Special Topics

Home Page