Marks K

Home Up Marks H Marks He-Hn Marks Ho-Hz Marks I J Marks K Marks L

(C) Vin Callcut 2002-2014.  Small extracts can be used with acknowledgements to 'Oldcopper.org' website. 

Helpful comments are very welcome.

Kenrick & Sons
KSIA Keswick
Kinco Brassware

     
  AK mark of Annie Keifert, Indios Copper, Chantilly, VA.
     
      NMK, Neues Münchner Kunstgewerbe,
     
 

Kabyle mark registered by  B. Perkins & Sons, 123, Bermondsey Street, London, EC, Tin Plate workers and Japanners.

Marks O P
     
     Kannenberg, Germany, further details welcome.  This mark on a lidded pot copper, brass and pewter  in the secessionist style of Wiener Werkstatte.
     
    Karnak, Benedict, USA, . Benedict   
     
     J P Kayser & Son of Krefeld-Bochum, near Düsseldorf, Germany were originally 'Leuconide Metalware Factory, founded around 1885.  They were tin manufacturers and developed a lead-free pewter with the trade name 'Kayserzinn' from 1894 to 1912.  Under Jean and Engelbert Kayser, this was used in the making of Jugendstil items designed in Cologne by Hugo Leven and others.  They also produced well-made copper and brass items and used the mark shown here, found under a 1.5 litre brass spirit kettle c1895.  Other marks were used for the pewter items, numbered from 4,000 to 4999 during the period 1894-1925.
  http://www.achome.co.uk/pictorial/liberty.htm

http://www.drawrm.com/metal.htm

     
 

  KDM, Royal Daalderop Holland, founded 1898, now make decorative pewter items.  Many of their art nouveau items come from original WMF moulds.

 

   
   
       
     
 

  Keeler Brass, Michigan, USA, founded 1893, now making brass stampings and zinc diecastings. 

 

 
   
 

http://www.keelerproducts.com/legacy/history

      
     
      Peter Kempson, Little Charles Street, Birmingham, Medalist and metal dealer. The family were originally button makers but Peter Kempson spread interests, forming several companies and probably working from more than one address. According to the book on Medalet makers by R N P Hawkins (pp35-42) the companies were Peter Kempson (1795-1801 in St Mary's Row then Little Charles Street) Kempson & Kindon (1802-09), Kempson & Son (1810-24) and Kempson & Co from 1825. The company made historical medals, medalets. tokens, whist markers and calendar medals (of 39mm dia).
  http://www.tokensociety.org.uk/topics/calendar.shtml
 

   Archibald Kenrick & Sons, Ltd., Spons Lane, West Bromwich (which is between Birmingham and The Black Country).  Established in 1791, it was a family firm in which six Kenricks were named amongst the management in the 1908 Ryland Directory.  A quality iron foundry, they also cast some brass items designed by Christopher Dresser.  Closed 1991.

Kenrick & Sons
     
    E. Kendrick,  Edward Kendrick was a maker of brass candlesticks in Covent Garden, London, in the 18th/19th centuries. (see Butler)    
     
  This mark found raised under the base of a candlestick made including a patented feature (Photo by Dudley Ward).
     
   Thomas Kenrick, Summer Works, Summer Lane, Birmingham, brassfounder. Illustration wanted.
     
    Keswick Home Industries was set up by W H Mawson after he left KSIA.     KSIA Keswick
     
    Kinco, Trade Mark - see feature page.     Kinco Brassware
     
    King's Norton Metal Company Mints and Medalists
     
  Karl Kipp, East Aurora, New York.  Karl Kipp was one of the finest designers at Roycroft but left in 1912 to set up the Tookay Shop (two-K).  He was asked to return to Roycroft in 1915.
    Roycroft
     
    Kirby Beard & Co Penhurst Works, Bradford St. Birmingham, needlecases. Photo to follow.
     
    KSIA, Keswick School of Industrial Art, Lake District, founded in 1884 by Canon and Mrs Rawnsley.  The third mark commemorated Queen Victoria’s Jubilee.     KSIA Keswick
 

http://www.allerdale.gov.uk/downloads/page16/Download%20KSIA.pdf

     
  C Kurz & Co., Tiel, Holland, artmetal factory based in the same town as Daalderop and Metawa.
     
    Another mark, photo courtesy Tony Victoria.
     
  Kynoch Ltd., Lion Works, Witton, originally early 19th century candlemakers but diversified to lamps and eventually pressure stove for paraffin (kerosene). They later became part of ICI Metals Division, then IMI plc.  Papers from 1883-1929 are with Birmingham Central Library. Lamp Makers A-R
  A Brief Review of the Development of the Copper, Zinc and Brass Industries in Great Britain from AD 1500 to 1900 by W O Alexander, PhD., F.I.M., Imperial Chemical Industries Ltd., Metals Division)
     
         Marks L  
     
 

Makers and their Marks

 
     
     Home Page